Oats and Chocolate Cookies (No Bake)
I dont get great "vibes" baking cookies from the moment I embark on the process. I am always tiptoeing around the oven fiddling with the oven door. I am also trying to reduce my personal intake of all purpose flour based cookies with my cuppa. So this recipe fell rightly into place for the theme I have chosen for this month's BM week and for the above stated facts.
The golden syrup is a magical syrup that perfectly binds together all the ingredients into a cookie.
1 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp crushed corn flakes (optional)
1 tbsp crushed nuts (pistachio, almonds, cashewnuts)
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
1) Roast the oats lightly in a pan for 3-4 min on low flame. Set aside to cool down.
2) In a bowl, throw in the oats, corn flakes. Crush it using the back of the spoon lightly.
3) Add the crushed nuts.
4) Next add the golden syrup and dark chocolate. Use a fork to blend the cookie mixture.
5) After a few minutes, use your fingers to form small balls of the mixture. Flatten it to form a cookie.
6) Let it set for 2-3 min, then move to an air-tight container.
These are delicious granola type of cookies. You can experiment with this in multiple ways.
1) Replace the oats with part oats/ part roasted semolina.
2) Add more dried fruits like cranberries, raisins, figs, dates
3) In place of golden syrup add , sugar as per taste and few tablespoons of butter.
The best way to enjoy this delicious cookies is to pour warm chocolate sauce and a dollop of icecream