I made the eggless version which is similar to Indian jalebi batter in many ways. This is my last recipe for no bake dessert options. This is pretty versatile dish and can be combined with both Indian and Continental menus. Club it with icecreams, rabri as a topping or serve like a cake.
1 cup APF / Maida
1/4 cup cornflour
1 tbsp curd
1 tspn baking powder
1 pinch baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk (add little at a time)
1 tspn vanilla essence
icing sugar to sprinkle on top
Oil to deep fry (2 cups)
1) Sift the flours together along with baking powder, soda and a pinch of salt.
2) Add sugar, curd and vanilla essence. Mix using whisk
3) Now add half a cup milk. Mix using the whisk to remove all lumps
4) Now gradually add the rest of the milk a little at a time until you get dropping consistency batter
5) Heat the oil in a deep griddle or pan, preferably iron skillet
6) When the oil is hot, reduce the flame to medium.
7) Now using a spouted beaker or jalebi batter dropper start pouring the batter in circles or a pattern of your choice.
8) The batter will puff up. Let it cook till is golden brown in color. Then flip it using a pair of tongs. When it is cooked on both sides, remove it on a paper towel
When it cools down a bit, decorate this as per your liking, you may also stack them up on each other.
Waste no time and consume them piping hot with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee