Warm Roasted Vegetables Couscous salad
Couscous salad is very popular for all day meal. It is part of the staple diet in most African countries...however there are many modern variations done to couscous. It is part of many health diet plans as well. It is definitely a feeling and guilt free food so I do not want to challenge it. I love it with loads of vegetables and herbs. It is good meal to munch on in between.
200 gms Couscous
300 ml water (hot)
1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 bell pepper (green/ yellow /red)
1 tspn allspice powder
1 tspn cumin seeds powder
1 tspn coriander seeds powder
black crushed pepper
Salt to taste
1) In a large bowl, add the couscous . Pour the boiling hot water, stir, drain off the excess and cover the bowl with a lid and set aside for 10-15 min
2) Rub olive oil to vegetables and sprinkle some salt. Let them stand. Now you can either grill them or roast them on direct flame or bake them in pre-heated oven at 200c for 5-10 min. Once done, remove the charred skin if any and chop to small bits.
3) Fluff the couscous using a fork, add the roasted veggies, chopped mint, basil, spices and liberal amount of Olive oil.
4) Add lemon juice in the end and mix well.
5) Serve this while the veggies are still warm.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63