fansi dhokli nu shaak/ Frenchbeans and dumplings curry/ Gujaathi Thali
Indian states is our theme for the buffet on the table. It was expected by me, that I would atleast make one Gujarathi dish.
We end up cooking one meal from this colorful state atleast once a week. I just put together a small thali.
I do not make too many dishes but this basic roti , sabji, chawal and kadhi are supplemented with athanu , papad and a sweet - custard with fruits is an acceptable sweet option. I added in a farsan - methi gothe along with some salted green chillies.
1 cup french beans, threaded on the sides and chopped into inch size
1 cup wheat flour
2 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn coriander cumin seeds powder
1 tspn mustard seeds
oil to saute
salt to taste
1) Add some salt, red chilli powder to the wheat flour and bind it together to make soft dough. Make small balls of this and set aside.
2) In a pan boil some water, when it starts bubbling, add the wheat dumplings. Let them cook until theu float to the top
3) In another pan, heat some oil, add the mustard seeds.
4) When it crackles, add the french beans and saute it
5) Add the masala and salt.
6) Add some water and let it cook. When it dries up, add the dumplings and saute it until the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
7) Serve hot with roti
Check out the Blogging
Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56
All posts under Sep 2015 Mega Marathon - Buffet on Table Day 10