Some rice dishes are so delicious that you won't mind having it on its own, without a curry. This buttered rice falls in that category....simple and full of flavors...
1 cup Basmati long grain rice
2 tbsp butter
salt to taste
garlic paste (optional)
celery/ onion (optional)
1) Wash and soak the rice in water for 10 min.
2) Now drain off the water and let the rice stand for another 10-20 min
3) In a large pan, boil 2 cups of water, add butter, salt and garlic and celery stick.
4) Add the rice, and cover and let it cook for 8-10 min or until water is evaporated.
5) When done, fluff it up using a fork.
Serve hot with curry of your choice. It goes great with stroganhoff.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56