Caramelised Onion & Cranberry Stuffing/ Vol Au Vent with Savoury stuffing
TV time calls for good snacks...and the options are umpteen when you decide to bake something. The filling used here can be use in many combinations but I prefer it in puff pastry cases.
This is my second entry for blogging marathon's movie time snacks...
2 onions finely sliced
1 tbsp chopped cranberries
1 tbsp pickled chopped jalapenos
1 bread slice
2 tbsp grated cheese (mozarella + cheddar)
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
20 casings of Vol Au vent / Puff pastry cases
1) In a non stick pan, melt the butter on low-medium flame.
2) Add the onions and saute them on slow flame for 20-22 minutes until they turn golden/ amber in color. Keep sauteing occasionally
3) Add the cranberries, cheese and jalapenos next, Saute to 2-3 min
4) Blitz the bread slice and add it to the pan. The mixture will start resembling a lump.
5) Saute it on high flame for 2-3 min and then add then season with salt and pepper. Remove and let it cool down
6) Fill the vol au vents with the mixture and bake for 5 min in a preheated oven at 180C.