Double Chocolate Chips cookie
Double Chocolate chips cookie is a nice crunchy cookie recipe that deserves a mention in multiple trials and failures.
I pulled out the pictures from my drafts because I wanted to give this recipe. A lot of my friends who bake - but dont blog , often complain that the choco chips melt away while baking. This had been my experience as well initially but i normally add more just before the last stage of baking..
1 cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
3/4 cup castor sugar/ soft brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (soft)
1 egg/ 2 tbsp curd
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1 tspn instant coffee powder (optional)
2 tbsp Milk
1 tspn baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup choco chips
1 ) Cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
2) In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, coffee and mix well
3) Add curd and mix it well, now slowly add the flour mixture and mix it in
4) If the dough is to stiff add the milk and mix it
5) Add half of the choco chips in it now. Cover the dough and refrigerate it for 2-3 hours.
6) Preheat your oven at 180c
7) Using a scoop make small balls of the dough and place them on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle more chocolates chips now and reserve some
8) Bake for 12 min. After 8 or 9 min, remove and srpinkle more chips on top.
After 12 min, they will still be little wobbly but remove and set them on wire rack.
When cool, store in airtight container.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51