Chocolate Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Chips
Peanut Butter or Banana or Eggs individually as an ingredient in cakes can easily put off DH. You cannot imagine him biting into it let alone enjoying it
But I dared to use all 3 things into a cake. I made two small loaves of the cake expecting that one would be tasted and rejected and the other I have to gift away.
1 cup APF/ Maida
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup demerera sugar
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1.5 cups of butter (You may use butter and peanut butter 50-50)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar (brown/ granular)
1 cup peanut butter chips / choco chips
1) In a bowl, add the chopped banana. Using a fork mash it up to make a puree
2) Add the butter to the mashed banana and beat it until it mixes up well. Add the sugar and beat again
3) Now add the eggs one at a time and beat again
4) In another bowl, mix the maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
5) Add this to the banana mixture. Gradually add milk in a stream to make a cake batter of sticky yet runny consistency
6) Now prepare your tins/ pans by greasing them with butter and dusting with flour
7) Spoon half of the batter on the base.
8) Mix the peanut butter chips with sugar. Sprinkle half of it on the cake batter
9) Now cover the chips with the remaining batter
10) Sprinkle the remaining peanut butter chips and sugar
11) Bake this at 180c in a preheated oven for 25-30 min or until it is done
We loved the cake next day when it was refrigerated for one whole day.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51