October heat was a perfect reason to be beaten with sweet tangy popsicles. I do not crave for it as much as the men at home. But for their sake and the holiday season I bowed down to the request of making the juiciest popsicles.
While there were multiple flavors playing on my mind, I decided to use lemon which is also running as one of the main themes on BM to be the star ingredient
Ingredients (for 8 mid size popsicles)
4 cups water
2 cups sugar
4 lemons juice (I had small regular one's use as per your liking and taste)
2 tspn citric acid
2 tspn black salt (more later to sprinkle on top)
1 tspn crushed mint
1 tspn roasted cumin seeds powder (optional)
1 tspn food coloring (optional)
1) In a pan, add the water and sugar and let it come to a running boil. Keep stirring to dissolve the sugar and then let it simmer until the color turns pale amber
2) In another bowl, mix the lemon juice, citric acid, salt, mint and other flavors and mix it well
3) Add the sugar syrup (slightly cooled to this and stir in well
4) Prepare your icecream moulds by running them under tap water and emptying them before pouring your liquid in it
5) Now carefully pour the liquid in each mould upto the rim.
6) Add a few drops of food color in few. If you mix them the color will be distributed evenly. If you dont, there will be an ombre effect on the popsicle
8) Before serving run the moulds under tap for few seconds to loosen the grip. Twist and pull out.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 46