Turkish Pide/ Pide/ Turkish Flat bread
I make this with both APF and whole wheat and often bake them a day ahead and carry to work. The APF one of course tastes and looks better than the WW.
2 cups Allpurpose flour
1 tbsp corn starch/ 1 egg (I used corn starch)
1 tspn instant active yeast
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
2 tspn sugar
salt to taste
1 cup paneer cubes or mince
1 onion finely chopped
2 tomatoes pureed
1 tspn paprika
1 tspn garlic crushed
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) For the filling, heat the pan with some oil. Add the onions, garlic and saute on high flame. Add the tomato puree and saute till the oil seperates.
2) Add the paneer, paprika, salt and saute until the mixture is dry. Set aside
3) In another pan, heat the milk, sugar and butter until it is dissolved. Let it cool down a bit, almost lukewarm. To this add the yeast.
4) In a large bowl, mix the flour, starch and salt. Add the mixture and mix well. Knewad for 10 min until the dough is soft. Let it sit for 40 to 50 min.
5) Knead the dough again for 5 to 10 min and then make small balls will make about 6.
6) Roll out each ball into eliptical shape. Brush the ends with some oil and fold over , smaller edges as this will grow while you proof it for the second time
7) When you are done with all, let them rest for 10 to 20 min, place the filling in the centre.
8) Brush the edges with some milk or butter or egg whites
9) Bake in a hot preheated oven for 8 to 10 min at 200C . Mine becomes very hot, so I 200 worked for me
Serve hot with dips or kormas