Roti Jala/ Malaysian Roti/ Malaysian Street food
Malaysian roti jala is a fun activity to make and will be loved by kids and adults both, the lacey pattern is enhanced with the addition of turmeric.
2 cups All purpose flour
1 cup coconut milk
1 tspn turmeric powder
salt to taste
Oil to brush the pan
1) In a bowl, mix the flour, egg, turmeric powder and salt. Add the coconut milk to make a thin pancake like consistency batter
2) Let it stand for a few minutes. Fill the mixture in a piping bag and snip off the end
3) Heat a nonstick pan and spray some oil
4) Try to hold the piping bag at the end and apply gentle pressure to create a pattern, The first few drops may drip but you can weave them in your patter eventually.
5) Create the full pattern and let it cook for few min. Flip over when it is cooked.
Repeat for the remaining batter and serve with your choice of curry
These are good to munch on their own...
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44