Once you bring a batch of burghul you can play with its flavors and use it both for the main course or as a side dish.
After having tried the mint and parsley flavor earlier , I varied it here with onions and cumin seeds taking over
1 cup Burghul rice
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1 tspn roasted cumin seeds powder
1 tspn paprika
salt to tase
1 tspn lemon juice
1 tspn oil
1) In a pan heat some oil, add the onions and saute it until they cooked
2) Add the tomatoes and cumin seeds powder. Saute well. Next add the paprika and salt
3) Add 1 cup water and let it come to a boil.
4) In a bowl take the burghul rice. Add the boiling onion mixture to this and cover the bowl with a lid and set aside for 15 min
5) After that add lemon juice and mix well
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44