Soy Chunks Pulav
Today's recipe is from Sapana's blog. We have a strange telepathic connection when it comes to choosing recipes for themes that we run together during the blogging marathons. She is ofcourse an amazing cook and a delightful friend found on the web. Early this year she shifted bag and baggage to Ireland and we went through all her planning and packing processes. Post settling in she has been happily posting one beautiful dish after another...and the reason for her new found happiness is something that we are planning to celebrate today...Sapana I really want you to cook this protein packed recipe for the little bundle of joy and enjoy yourself reminiscing the good food back home.
We are excitedly waiting for the arrival of your little bundle
Here's wishing you loads of peace, happiness and good health...
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup nutrella/ any other Soy chunks
1/2 cup green peas
1 tspn black pepper
2 or 3 bay leaves
1/2 tspn cloves
1/2 tspn garam masala
salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp ghee
1) Wash and soak the rice in some water for 15 min
2) Boil 3 cups of water in a large pan. Add the soy chunks and let them cook for 5 or 8 min
3) Drain the chunks and then run them under cold water until they are completely cold and easy to handle with hand
4) Squeeze the excess water as much as you can
5) In a pan, heat some ghee. Add the black pepper, cloves and bay leaves.
6) Next add the soy chunks and green peas and saute them.
7) Add the rice, lemon juice, garam masala, salt and 2 cups of water.
8) Cover the let it cook till the rice is done.
Serve with your choice of your side dish.
Dear Sapana...hope you enjoy this little virtual baby shower ceremony from us..