Saunfwale aloo/ Kashmiri fennel potato curry
Kashmiri recipes are mildly flavored and very rich in texture. The abundance of fruit orchards and mild spices is evident in their recipes. The influence of mughal and middle eastern flavors also gives the cuisine a well rounded richness and elegance.
I have made the kashmiri dum aloo, kashmiri pulav several times. I was in no mood to make the koftas so was looking for a recipe simple yet typical kashmiri when I stumbled upon this. Please try this recipe to understand the depth of its taste..
8 to 10 baby potatoes
1 cup curd
1 tspn red chilli powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn fennel seeds roasted and powdered
1 tspn coriander and cumin powder
Salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) Clean ,boil and peel the potatoes. Cut them in halves and set aside
2) In a non stick heat some oil.
3) Add the potatoes and saute them.
4) Add the red chilli powder , turmeric, coriander and cumin powder and dry roast it.
5) Now add the fennel seeds and saute again
6) Next add the curd mixed with salt and saute until the potatoes start getting coated with the curd
7) Garnish with coriander and serve with hot parathas.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 39