Paneer Chilly and Fried Rice
Today is sharad poornima, so first wishing you all a happy one. I am not sure how it is celebrated in your part, but for my childhood spent in mumbai, this day Kojagiri as we call it, was associated with ideally spending all the funds accumulated since Ganesh chaturthi and dussehra by watching Amitabh Bachchan's movie on the terrace on large screens. Food was bhel puri , poha and masala doodh. Eventually playing movies for public screening was banned as well as our get togethers moved from terrace to grounds or gardens. Then as we started growing up, the group was split in 3, kids who chatted away in gardens , , mothers and aunts who played some games that appeared silly to us and fathers and uncles who probably did some hideous activities like playing cards.
Today, I wish my kid gets to do some activity with his friends and neighbours that he could associate years down the line. Keeping that in mind, I did a small get together for his friends at home. I appreciate the fact that these kids won't like the poha or milk or even kheer to be served at what they defined as "quick party". So I ended up with usual chocolates, cookies and some drinks. But I made a point to explain them the purpose
Coming to today's recipe, it is the next most popular chinese platter after veg. fried rice and manchurian. For my second day on combo themes, this is what I am sharing. Paneer Chilly(recipe follows below) with Veg. Hakka Fried Rice
1 cup fresh paneer
1 chopped spring onion finely chopped (greens separated)
1 tspn chopped garlic
1 chopped capsicum
2 green chillies split
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with water
1 tbsp All purpose flour / APF/ Maida
1 tspn red chilli sauce
1 tspn soy sauce
1 tspn green chilli sauce
1 tspn vinegar
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) Chop the paneer in cubes.
2) In a bowl, mix APF with water, salt and make a smooth paste
3) Heat oil in a wok
4) Dip the paneer pieces in the APF mixture and drop in hot oil.
5) Remove and drain on kitchen towel, Repeat for all pieces of paneer
6) In another pan, heat some oil. Add chopped garlic and onions (minus greens) and saute.
7) Add the capsicum and saute again.
8) Add the green chillies,salt and water.
9) Add all the sauces and vinegar.
10) Next add the corn flour slurry. Let it simmer
11) Add the fried paneer pieces and remove from the stove
12) Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve with rice.
Some of my colleagues also love to eat it with parathas, which per them is a better combo...
The combination of paneer chilli and fried rice is so yum!
Catering Services in Tambaram