Wheatflour crackers (britannia style cheese crackers made with whole wheat flour)
Last month, I won another contest at work. Under some health initiative we were suppose to share healthy recipes. And this is the winning recipe...but even otherwise, I would sell this recipe anyday as a yummy option for your mid night or mid day snacks.
I made this recipe based on the taste of britannia's cheese crackers and I think it was a successfull recipe. I made bite sized pieces because that helps maintain moderation while consumption.
3 cups Whole wheat flour
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
2 1/4 tspn instant dry yeast
1 tspn flax seeds crushed
1 tspn sugar
salt to taste
1 tspn black pepper crushed
1 tspn red chilly crushed
1/2 tspn crushed rosemary
1/2 tspn crushed oregano
1) Soak the flax seeds in little water.
2) Mix the yeast, sugar and all herbs to the wheat flour.
3) Add the oil and rub it well into the flour.
4) Add the cheese, flax seeds and salt next.
5) Add little water at a time and start kneading the dough.
6) Knead till you get a soft dough like pizza base. Set aside to ferment until it doubles in size , roughly 2 hours
7) Now roll out the dough flat and cut in desired shape.
8) Preheat the oven at 210c. Reduce the oven to 180 c.
9) Prick the crackers with fork and place the crackers on a lined baking sheet.
10) Bake for about 10 min or until the crackers are slight brown.
11) Continue to keep them in the oven if you think they are soft.
Cool down and store in air tight container, they stay well for 2 to 3 weeks