Spicy Green Peas Stuffed Samosa
Green peas filling adds a different dimension to any flat breads like puris, kachoris, rotis. This works equally well with the samosas. Normally it is popular combined with minced meat or minced soya granules. However this time, I tried them on their own. It tasted fabulous.
It will work for a rainy day is my judgement...I made small bite sized samosas to please the little one.
for the cover
2 cup All purpose flour/ Maida
1.5 tbsp Oil
1 tspn roughly ground Ajwain /Ova seeds
salt to taste
for the filling
1 cup minced fresh green peas
1 medium onion
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
1 tspn garam masala
1 tspn green chilli paste
1 tspn lemon juice
salt to taste
Oil to cook
1) Prepare a stiff dough using the flour, oil, ajwain powder and salt. Use water as needed. Keep aside till you prepare the filling
2)In a deep pan, heat a tspn of oil.
3)Add the chopped onions. Saute till they are soft and pink. Add the ginger garlic paste.
4) Next add the minced green peas. Saute. Let it cook for 5-7 min.
5) Next add garam masala, green chilly paste,salt and lemon juice,stir again. Switch off the flame and let this cool
6) Make small balls of the dough and roll them out to thin flat rolls.
7) Cut them in half and set aside
8) Repeat for all the dough balls
9) Heat oil enough for deep frying.
10) Place the filling in the centre of the cut roll. Fold the ends to resemble its shape to a triangle.
11) Pinch the base, repeat for the remaining.
12) Now deep fry eac of the these samosas till they are golden brown in color. Fry on low-medium flame.
Serve with green chutnye