Strawberry parfait with yogurt
We make shrikhand often and also make parfaits using it. I had posted the one using blueberry filling last time around here, there is no change in the recipe except for the berries- this time around with strawberry.
So as part of revisiting theme for BM 26, I am doing the simple yet elegant yogurt based parfait again.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1 cup greek style yogurt/ hung curd
1 tbsp icing sugar/ powdered sugar (prefer icing as it helps hold shape)
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1 tspn castor sugar
1/2 tspn lemon juice (optional)
2 tbsp muesli/ corn flakes + nuts
1) Beat the yogurt and sugar together.
2) In a the serving glass or bowl, pour some yogurt.
3) Mix the chopped strawberries, sugar and lemon juice and set it aside, you can discard the juices or use it for something else (drink it!)
4) Add the berry mixture on top of the yogurt.
5) Alternate layers to cover the glass.
6) Refrigerate until serving time
7) Add crushed cornflakes or muesli just before serving.