Mixed Vegetable Pasta Soup
For lazy days, it always helps to have a soup recipe that is appetizing, tasty and fulfilling. This pasta soup that I make is one of those dishes. It is quick and easy and delicious
You can make variations with the vegetables, but do not skip the potatoes, onions and tomatoes, they make the base.
My last in the series of ends with soup...so it was a pattern of sorts..
1 cup penne pasta
1 tspn chopped garlic
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 medium potato finely chopped
1 cup mixed vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, capsicum)
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tspn black pepper powder
1 tspn mixed herbs
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp grated cheese
1 tspn Olive Oil
Salt to taste
1) In a deep sauce pan, heat some oil, saute the garlic, onions
2) Add the potatoes. Saute for a couple of min.
3) Add the wheat flour and saute till the flour is cooked.
4) Add the tomatoes next along with salt ,pepper and tomato ketchup
5) Next add all the vegetables and saute for few min
6) Add 3-4 cups of boiling hot water and let it simmer
7) Add the pasta and cover the pan. Let is cook for 8-10 min.
8) Add the grated cheese and mixed herbs
Serve hot with bread