We like frankies and vegetable wraps and find it easier to carry in our tiffins. I personally do not carry these, but pack it for my husband.
Under the sandwiches and wraps theme, I wanted to share this recipe for burritos with all
Ingredients (4 wraps)
4 Plain Flour Tortillas (replace the corn meal with APF or whole wheat)
1 can refried beans (You can use soaked rajma beans and make a stir fry with onions and tomato paste)
Grated cheese - cheddar or any other
1 medium onion chopped finely
2 tomatoes chopped finely
1 capsicum chopped finely
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tspn Olive Oil
1 tspn paprika
salt to taste
1) Roast the tortillas on a griddle. Use butter or olive oil if required (I did not use)
2) Now mix the chopped vegetables along with oil, salt, paprika and lemon juice. Set aside.
3) Reheat the refried beans (mashed rajma or pinto beans gravy)
4) Place the tortilla on a flat surface, spread a spoonful of refried beans
5) Next spread the vegetable salad on top
6) Spread some grated cheese on top
7) Fold the bottom side to cover 1/4 th of the surface
8) Now roll from the sides. Microwave or heat on a pan with lid for 2-3 min. Brush olive oil if required.
Wrap in a paper napkin and eat soon..
I am hosting Fast Food Not Fat Food The Oil/Butter Challenge 1st Sept to 15th Oct ’12. Do send me your entries
Today's Recipe - Mixed Vegetable Kurma
Join in my first event - FEAST FOR YOUR GURU
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals
Ongoing Event + Giveaway - CEDD – HONEY
Ongoing Event & Giveaway
Visit @ My Blogs
Preeti's Kitchen Life
Preeti's Kitchen Menu