Cheesy Macaroni (Mac Cheese)
Some dishes that are intended to please the little devil at home often end up being consumed by The Husband. Now, I was not remotely aware that he would be fascinated by a cheesy sauce that was mildly flavored to suit the kids palate. The point to drive is that it is a lovely treat to enjoy when you are craving some thing to comfort you instantaneously.
1 cup Macaroni pasta (cooked till Al Dente - about 10-12 min in boiling water)
1 cup whole milk (full fat)
1/4 cup cream (whole milk)
2 tbsp All purpose flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan/ cheddar
2 tbsp butter
1 tspn salt
1 tspn seasoning of choice (nutmeg/ pepper/ paprika/ oregano)
1) In a sauce pan, heat the butter.
2) Add the flour. Saute it till it is coated well in butter and not lumpy
3) Add a steady stream of milk while continuously stirring so that there are no lumps formed. Let it simmer for a while
4) Add the cream and cheese and mix well
5) Season with salt and other spices and herbs of your choice.
6) In a baking dish, put the cooked macaroni.
7) Pour the sauce on top.
8) Add more cheese if you like (I didn't, the taste was fine).
9) Bake in preheated oven for 10 min at 180c or in microwave for 3 min on high.
Serve hot with toasted bread or crackers.