Cheesy Macaroni (Mac Cheese)
Some dishes that are intended to please the little devil at home often end up being consumed by The Husband. Now, I was not remotely aware that he would be fascinated by a cheesy sauce that was mildly flavored to suit the kids palate. The point to drive is that it is a lovely treat to enjoy when you are craving some thing to comfort you instantaneously.
1 cup Macaroni pasta (cooked till Al Dente - about 10-12 min in boiling water)
1 cup whole milk (full fat)
1/4 cup cream (whole milk)
2 tbsp All purpose flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan/ cheddar
2 tbsp butter
1 tspn salt
1 tspn seasoning of choice (nutmeg/ pepper/ paprika/ oregano)
1) In a sauce pan, heat the butter.
2) Add the flour. Saute it till it is coated well in butter and not lumpy
3) Add a steady stream of milk while continuously stirring so that there are no lumps formed. Let it simmer for a while
4) Add the cream and cheese and mix well
5) Season with salt and other spices and herbs of your choice.
6) In a baking dish, put the cooked macaroni.
7) Pour the sauce on top.
8) Add more cheese if you like (I didn't, the taste was fine).
9) Bake in preheated oven for 10 min at 180c or in microwave for 3 min on high.
Serve hot with toasted bread or crackers.
Myfudo here...Normally we'd never put a shameless plug back to us, but we just launched our new site and we would love for you to be a part of it. I'd love to share our newest launch with you, I hope you don't mind? Now that we are getting a new look...Myfudo is moving to a new domain http://www.yumgoggle.com This has been a project we have been working on for almost a year now. We just launched our new gallery submission site, and we are just thrilled. We’d be proud to have your work as part of our growing collection to continue to have a larger reach and further inspire all fellow food lovers out there! Please sign up and check us out (it's free) http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery
We look forward to seeing your wonderful pictures, as always.
p.s. We are hosting a Kitchen Aid Mixer Giveaway to celebrate our new Yumgoggle site, we hope you'll participate =)
Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
Bake along challenge # 4 - Peanut Butter
Love lock series- Breads