Patti Samosa / wonton wrappers
I never tried patti samosa at home with the ready bought patti's or wonton wrappers available in the frozen section. I remember my mother making them a while back. My reservations on using them was purely for the fear of getting hooked on to something that is so easy and delicious.
This sunday however I decided to give in and picked a batch of frozen patti's. Ideas floating in my mind ranged from wontons, tortilla chips , salads, baked mini spring rolls or baked samosas. Eventually I decided to use them for what they were meant to be....
The filling in patti samosa is obviously not the same as regular punjabi samosa. I made both the stuffings but this time I will give you the patti samosa filling recipe.
3 boiled potatoes ,mashed
2 cups poha - washed under tap water
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 tspn sugar
3 green chillies finely split
2 tbsp coriander chopped
2 tbsp freshly grated coconut(optional)
salt to taste
8 pattis/ wonton wrappers
2 tspn wheat flour paste using water
Oil to deep fry
1) In a pan, heat a tspn of oil. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
2) Add the boiled potatoes and stir them well.
3) Add poha, salt , sugar, green chillies and mix well.
4) Add the coriander and coconut and mix again
5) the filling is ready, set it aside.
6) Take the individual pattis (to be kept at room temperature before use for 20 min)
7) Brush some water on both sides of the patti to make it pliable.
8) Form a cone by making triangular folds as you till you have only fold left.
9) In the cone section, spoon the filling.
10) Seal the final flap using water and flour paste to seal the edges.
11) Watch out for open corners and seal using the flour paste.
12) Repeat for all pattis
13) In a large pan, heat oil on high flame
14) Reduce the flame to medium when the oil is hot.
15) Deep fry each of the samosas and ask
Event: Kid's Delight
Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
of course, these pattis are a time saver too !
btw, any idea if you could lay your hands on Puff Pastry sheets in Mumbai??
Event : Healthy Diet - Sandwiches