This is my second focaccia recipe. When I made the first recipe I knew the next was in the offing. I enjoyed this bread for 3 days every evening in different forms.
The first day I gobbled it along with a cup of tea , fresh and warm. The second day I reheated it in microwave drizzled it with some olive oil and enjoyed dipping it in a bowl of zaatar spice. For the third day, I made a quick salad...watch picture below.
3 1/4 cups All purpose flour
2 cups tepid water
1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp taahini paste(or replace with regular oil)- White sesame seeds paste in oil
2 1/4 tspn rapid rise instant dry yeast
salt to taste
2 tspn Zaatar spice
1 tspn sea salt crushed (optional)
1 tspn chilly flakes
1) Ferment the yeast as per the directions on your pack.
2) Mix the flour, yeast,salt, seasoning well.
4) Add the oil and taahini paste and rub it well in the flour
5) Now add the water little at a time to make a sticky dough.
6) Knead it till it is nice and stretchy- about 7-8 min.
7) Cover the dough and let it rise till it doubles- it may take 45 min to 2 hours depending on your yeast
8)Now in greased baking dish, place the dough. Make depressions on the top.
9) Brush with little water or milk, sprinkle the topping - olives, chilli flakes, jalapenos, tomatoes.
10) Cover for about 10-15 min till it regains its doubled sized. This is important as the bread will not rise in the oven.
11) Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven at 210c for 15-20 min. Or till the top is colored
Serve warm. Reheating in microwave works very well for this type of bread.