Pomelles Souffle / Puffed potato chips
When I saw them being made during the masterchef Australia season, it felt like watching magic. Potato slices puffing up like pillows. They looked beautiful. As I am working on 7 day chips recipe, it felt like a perfect time to make these and share with friends.
Mind you this is not easy but once you get going with a bit of practice, it is fun. Also the one’s that do not puff up are great in taste too. Unless you plan to serve in a top notch fine dining restaurant you are good to eat and serve all.
I was lucky to have got my few chips bang on.
Ice cold water
Oil for deep frying (in two batches)
Salt for seasoning
1) Cut the potato from all sides to get a big brick in the middle.
2) Start slicing to about 1/4 th inch pieces.
3) Soak them in ice cold water for 30 min
4) Pat them dry on a kitchen towel
5) Heat oil in two pans.
6) Pan 1 should be on medium or low heat
7) Pan 2 should be piping hot on high heat.
8) Drop the potato slices in pan 1. Using a slotted spoon, keep stirring the potatoes on low heat. Cook them until blisters appear on the slices. About 5-8 min
9) While they are cooking in pan 1, you ensure that the pan 2 is sufficiently hot. If you have candy thermometer , the temperature of pan 2 should be around 180c and pan 1 around 100-120c.
10) Once the slices are blistered , remove and drop them instantly in pan 2.
11) Keep sprinkling hot oil on surface to enable puffing up (like we do for pooris)
12) Cook until the slices are well cooked and crispies.
13) Remove and sprinkle with salt and any other seasoning of your choice.
These look very good for decorating sandwiches and burgers
Now following your blog
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)
Join the Just "4" Fun event :)
in my view its actually remarkable designed for me.
My web page ... web site ()
for you, your family or your business. Security companies use technology and the same principles of
a locksmith - - in order to
create a secure entryway. It may be stating the obvious,
but in their profession locksmiths have got to be trustworthy, honest and reputable, so always make sure
you're receiving the kind of service and customer care
regulations. CCTV cameras and equipment can be used at home or in an office or workplace.
I'm also starting peer to peer gear rental discover and enjoy playing
with the i - Phone camera a lot more because of that.
data, is there any other web page wyich presents these kinds of stuff in quality?
Look into my web-site ... homepage ()