We are now hooked to this ever since I made it for the first time. It is very simple to make and also extremely flavorful
Ingredients (for 10 -12)
2 cups of wheat flour
1 cup curd
1 cup of roasted Gram flour (sattu - i crushed the phutana dal in the mixie)
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tspn red chilli powder
2 tbsp pickle masala / mango pickle
1 tspn ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp Oil (mustard oil if you like and have)
salt to taste
water as needed
1) Knead the flour with curd and a pinch of salt to form a soft dough. Use more water if required. Add 1 tbsp of oil and cover it with a damp cloth.
2) In another bowl mix all the stuffing ingredients.Add little water if it becomes very dry.Add some oil if the pickle masala does not have any.
3) Make small dough balls. Roll them out to the size of puri, fill the stuffing and seal from all sides.
4) Roll out 1/2 inch thick roti
5) Roast on a griddle. Use oil only if required.
Serve hot with gravy of your choice.