Pumpkin Bharta (Side dish/ raita)
This is so easy to make yet very delicious.
1 cup chopped red pumpkin, peeled & deseeded (flesh and seeds both to be removed
1 cup chopped green pumpkin , peeled & deseeded (flesh and seeds both to be removed
1 cup Curd
1 tspn finely chopped green chilli (Add more if you like)
Salt to taste
½ tspn cumin seeds
¼ tspn fenugreek seeds
1 tspn Clarified butter/ ghee
Coriander for garnishing (optional)
1) Microwave, steam or boil the chopped pumpkins until they are tender.
2) In a microwave safe bowl, add ghee and cumin seeds and heat on high power for 30 seconds.
3) Add the fenugreek seeds and cook again for 15-20 seconds.
4) Add the cooked pumpkins and mash it using a fork. Add the salt and the greenchillies.
5) Beat the curd and add it to the mixture and garnish with coriander.
You can also temper it without microwave and add the mixture to it. It is easier in microwave as you save on bowls.
Serve it with chapatti or dosa or bread.
Event: Bake Fest
Event: Dish it Out - Soy and Tomatoes