A little twist to the regular besan laddoo and kaju barfi, enjoy it together, we are enjoying the delectably lethal combination.
Ingredients (for 100 pieces)
1 Kg Coarsely ground Chickpea flour
250 gm Finely ground Cashews
450 gm Powdered sugar
500 gm Clarified Butter (Ghee)
2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp crushed nuts
100 gm raisins
5 Silver leaves
1) In a large wok/ kadhai heat the butter until it is very hot. Reduce flame.
3) Keep roasting till the color changes and the raw smell vanishes. This would take about 45 min or so. Be patient and stir constantly on low flame.
4) Add the powdered cashews and quickly stir in. Keep roasting for another 5 min. Switch off the flame.
5) On a small spoon, heat some kesar until it is crispy. About 30 seconds.
6) Add little milk to it and see the kesar bleed beautiful color (** tip from MIL)
7) Let the mixture cool off completely. Now add the powdered sugar (finely sieved).
8) Mix the mixture well. Taste at this stage and check for more sugar.
9) In a deep dish, pour some ghee and and grease it well. Add the mixture and smoothen using the back of the spoon.
10) Apply the silver leaves to cover most of the surface.
11) Add the chopped nuts and let it sit until it sets. About couple of hours.
12) Cut the pieces as per your preference.
Watch it disappear gleefully!
I am hosting a new event which I am calling Back to our Roots. Do check out my event and send me your entries from 15/10/11 to 30/11/11.
Event: Halloween Fiesta
Join me in GFF - a 100-day Global Food Festival here
event ending 31st Oct: Strawberry desserts all this October