Creamy spinach with crushed black pepper/ Malaidar Kali Miri Palak
1 bunch of Spinach Leaves Blanched and chopped roughly
1 tbsp ginger garlic finely chopped
1 medium onion chopped finely
1 medium tomato chopped finely
2 tbsp fresh cream (Malai)
1 tspn red chilly powder
1 tspn black pepper crushed
1 tspn cumin seeds
Oil to cook
salt to taste
1) In a pan, heat some oil and add the cuming seeds, let them splutter. Add the ginger garlic and sauté for a minute
2) Now add the onions, tomatoes and stir until they are cooked and reduced. Wait till the oil starts appearing on the edges again.
3) Add the chopped spinach leaves and let them wilt.
4) Add salt and stir well. Now add the fresh cream and quickly stir it in.
5) Add crushed black pepper and serve hot. Goes well as a side dish if not main.