Masala Corn Rice
I had made this first time around when I had lots of corn kernels left with me. I experimented with all the things available on hand. This time when I had corn with me I was not able to recollect all the ingredients that I had originally used. Nevertheless, I made them which was almost the same taste as first time around. I realized what I missed adding when I ate it though, so you guys will get the actual recipe.
1 cup long grained rice (washed and set aside)
1 medium onion sliced
1 tomato thinly sliced (discard seeds if possible)
1 capsicum thinly sliced
2 tspn pav bhaji masala – Yes you are reading it right
1 tspn red chilly powder
1 tspn turmeric
1 tbsp Oil/ Butter
1 cup of corn kernels
Salt to taste
1) In a deep dish pan, add oil and let it become hot. Now add onions and sauté it.
2) Add the tomatoes and sauté until they are cooked.
3) Now add the capsicums and corns and stir for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the pav bhaji masala, chilly powder and turmeric.
5) Now add the rice and carefully stir it.
6) Add 2 cups of water and let it simmer. Add salt and then cover the lid .
7) When the rice is cooked, add a spoon of butter and serve immediately.