Spinach Patties (Italian Herbs)
I made them with the Gnocchi in white sauce. You can have it whenever you like, very simple and extremely high of nutrition.
3 boiled potato
3 tspn blanched spinach
Italian herbs (Rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano)
Salt to taste
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tspn parmesan cheese
Oil to fry
1) Mash the boiled potato and add chopped spinach, herbs, salt to it.
2) If it is too sticky or starchy add some corn flour at this stage. Roll out patties in shapes and size that you prefer.
3) I made small tikki shaped cakes.
4) Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese with a pinch of salt.
5) Dip the patties in egg first and then in the bread crumbs mixture. Repeat until the patties are well coated (I do it atleast twice)
6) Heat a pan on high flame first and then reduce the flame. Add oil, and tip the paties to shallow fry on both sides.
7) Serve with pastas when they are golden brown.
8) Sprinkle chilly flakes for extra zing.